Nicole Maynard-Sahar is an artist in residence at the Bakehouse Art Complex in the Wynwood Arts District of Miami and is an adjunct professor in the MFA program at Miami International University of Art and Design. Over the past twenty years she has had several solo exhibitions at the Bowery Gallery in New York City. Her most recent shows include the official studio tour of Art Basel Miami, La Pinta Art Fair, Bowery Gallery (New York City) 50th Anniversary Show, and New Work at the Bakehouse Art Complex curated by Justin Long. Her work is recognized by curators nationally and internationally, most notably by Marilyn Symmes, Curator of Prints and Drawings at Cooper Hewitt National Design Museum; David Kiehl, Curator of Prints at the Whitney Museum of American Art; Susan Cross, Assistant Curator of the Guggenheim Museum and by Judith Hecker, Department of Prints and Illustrated Books, Museum of Modern Art. She earned awards at the University of Pennsylvania for painting and color theory. Originally from Boston, Maynard-Sahar relocated to Miami in June 2017.
Photo by Sarah Henderson
Maynard-Sahar Fine Art offers:
Art for sale and on consignment to stagers, interior designers and hotels | private lectures on the visual arts | hands-on workshops | private lessons for children and adults | family art experiences
Make your venue exciting with engaging, interactive programming.
• Presented by a dynamic, practicing artist and educator
• MFA in Painting from the University of Pennsylvania
• BFA, dual major: Painting/Art Education from Mass. College of Art and Design
• experienced Professor of Visual Art
• FL state certified in Visual Arts PK-12
• unique 21st century approach to art education founded in the 8 Studio Habits of Mind established by researchers at Harvard’s Project Zero
Above: lecture slide
Below: a student draws from observation outside